Jackson offers several types of protective hose coverings to help extend the service life of our Fluoropolymer hoses.
Woven from thousands of nylon filaments into an abrasion-resistant sleeve, the nylon cover extends individual hose life in severe abrasive environments. As it is scuffed and worn, its filaments frizz, forming an even thicker, more protec-tive shield.
Protec Nylon Hose Sleeve
- Protec is woven from thousands of nylon filaments into a self-renewing, abrasion-resistant fabric sleeve. As it is scuffed on worn, its filament frizz forming an even thicker more protective shield. This smooth-bore sleeve is easily installed over hose, chains, cables, or springs and may be secured with nylon cable ties or band-clamps.
- As a hose cover, it provides outstanding personal injury protection to equipment operators by deflecting the spray of hot hydraulic fluids in the event of hose failure.
- It also extends individual hose life in severe abrasive environments.
- It is an excellent product for holding two or more hoses in a single bundle.
- For hose groups that must follow the same flex pattern, bundling will provide identical flex memory to all hoses in group bundle.
- In some cases, it eliminates the need for bulkhead couplings by shielding hoses that must pass through metal openings.
- It protects painted finishes when used as a flexible cover for chains, cables, and springs.
Cordura or Anso-tex bulk nylon fiber yarn. Cordura is a registered trademark of Dupont. Anso-tex is a registered trademark of Allied Fibers.
.090″ +/- .020″, Doubled Flat
Passed FMVSS 302 horizontal flame test. MSHA accepted.
Maximum ambient temperature 250°F
100 and 300 foot rolls. Pieces cut to length with ends heat sealed are available on request.